The Best Chainsaws
The Best Chainsaws and Wood Management Tools
- Generally stay at 18″ or less for the guide bar. If just doing light trimming, you can go down to as far as 12″
- If you get comfortable with your chainsaw, and want to move up to a larger guide bar, than do that after you get comfortable with a chainsaw of 18″ or less, and can move up to a 20″+ guide bar.
- If you are only using the chainsaw for emergency trimming, or very rarely, you can consider an electric model, but otherwise you will want to buy a gas powered model.
- If you will be cutting hardwood, only consider a gas model.
- Cold temperature cutting means you should consider a headed handle and/or carburetor.
- If you are just starting out, look for a model with an anti-kickback chain. You can get comfortable using the chainsaw for a year or two, and move up to models for more experienced users.
- Besides standard chainsaws, there are several other wood cutting tools worth looking into, which we will cover, and also it is necessary to get the required safety equipment.
The Best Chainsaws for a Beginner:
Zombi ZCS12017 16-Inch 120-Volt 13-Amp Corded Electric Chainsaw with Oregon Bar & Chain
- 16 inch auto lubricating Oregon Bar and chain
- Safety lock button and a front hand guard for complete safety
- Light weight with rubber over molded handle for max comfort
- Steel bucking heavy duty teeth/ Tool-less chain tensioner
Tanaka TCS33EDTP/14 32.2cc 14-Inch Top Handle Chain Saw with Pure Fire Engine
- 14-Inch top handle chain saw with 32.2cc commercial grade pure fire engine to provide a clean, powerful performance with less fuel consumption
- Half throttle choke with purge primer bulb for easy start and warm up
- Automatic gear-driven oiler and a side access chain tensioning providing quick and convenient chain adjustment
- Sprocket nose bar with Oregon chain provides added control for easier cuts
- Comes with a 7-year consumer, 2-year commercial and 1-year rental warranty
The Best Chainsaws:
Husqvarna 966955336 445 Gas Chainsaw, 16-Inch
- 45.7cc engine
- 16-Inch bar
- Combined choke stop control allows for easier starting and reduces the risk of engine flooding
- .325-inch pitch and .050″ gauge
- X-Torq engine delivers lower fuel consumption and reduced exhaust emissions, Purchase this Husqvarna handheld item along with 3-32 ounce cans of Husqvarna pre-mix fuel, register your product online, and your consumer warranty will be extended from 2 years to 4 years
Husqvarna 445 18-Inch 45.7cc 2-Stroke Gas Powered Chain Saw
- 45.7cc, 2.8 hp engine
- Lightweight – 10.8-pound
- Centrifugal air cleaning system removes larger dust and debris particles before reaching the air filter; this results in reduced air filter cleanings and improved engine life
- Quick release air filter
- Side-mounted chain tensioner, Purchase this Husqvarna handheld item along with 3-32 ounce cans of Husqvarna pre-mix fuel, register your product online, and your consumer warranty will be extended from 2 years to 4 years
Husqvarna 460 Rancher (60cc) Cutting Kit, includes a 460 Rancher chainsaw PLUS 24″ Bar/Chain PLUS 3 Extra WoodlandPRO Chain Loops
- 60.3 cc, 3.7 hp
- X-Torq engine
- Weight, powerhead only, 12.8 lbs
- Comes with 2 WoodlandPRO replacement Chains
- Combined choke/stop control, great for easier starting and reducing the risk of engine flooding
The Best Pole Chainsaw:
BLACK+DECKER LPP120 20V Lithium Ion Pole Saw, 8″
- Extension allows for a useable length of 6-1/2 or 10 feet; overhead reach of up to 14 feet
- Powered by 20-volt MAX lithium-ion battery, with longer lifespan and charge retention than NiCad batteries
- Up to 100 cuts of 1-1/2-inch pine branches per charge
- 8-inch cutting bar and chain allows for a MAXimum cutting diameter of 6 inches
- 2-year limited warranty; includes battery and Energy Star-qualified charger
- Power Source : battery powered
Best Lopper Saw:
Black & Decker LP1000 Alligator Lopper 4.5-Amp Electric Chain Saw
- 4.5-Amp motor for innovative clAmping jaws that grab and cut in one easy motion.
- Heavy-duty cutting bar and chain deliver fast cutting of thick branches and logs that are too big for
4-inch cut capacity
- Item weight – 8.38 lbs.
Husqvarna 587160704 Technical Apron Wrap Chap, 36 to 38-Inch
- 1000 denier polyester with PVC coating with Tek warp protective layers
- Adjustable waist size to 42 inches
- Felling wedge/gear pocket and acetyl Delran buckles
- Meets ASTM f1897, ANSI z133.1, And OSHA regulation 1910-266
TR Industrial Forestry Safety Helmet and Hearing Protection System
- Provides the protection you need when using chainsaws, brush cutters, and trimmers – ideal for forestry type work
- 5 in 1 safety helmet comes with helmet, adjustable/removable earmuffs, plastic visor, and mesh visor, providing dynamic protection for any job
- Convenient, easy to adjust headband secures firmly on head circumference 20 – 24.5 inches (52-62 centimeters)
- Lightweight, interchangeable/removable mesh and plastic visors provide complete shielding from debris and other hazardous matter
- All parts are ANSI and CE approved for optimal quality, health, and safety – Helmet carries a Z89.1-2003 ANSI rating, the professional standard for premium head protection
Husqvarna 579380210 Functional Saw Protection Gloves, Large
- Cut resistant in left hand
- Spandex fabric back
- Goatskin palm
- High visibility colors
- Reflective Crown H logo
We recommend the new Amazon grocery delivery service. Great for cabin owners:
Also published on Medium.